M.A.T., M.Ed, or Ed. D with Licensure Recommendation
Once you’ve been accepted to Iowa State University, our Educator Preparation Program (EPP) prepares you for recommendation to the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners (BOEE) for licensure. EPP offers licensure recommendations to teach and lead all age groups:
- Birth to 3rd grade
- Kindergarten to 6th grade
- 5th to 12th grade
- Kindergarten to 12th grade
- Principal Leadership
- Superintendent Leadership
When you join us, you learn from acclaimed faculty members writing the textbooks being used in classrooms around the country. You’ll also benefit from the emphases placed on technology in the classroom. We lead the way in education with our Educator Preparation Program so our students do the same.
Students who are a part of EPP begin by choosing the age group they want to teach. Choosing secondary education (middle school and high school) also means choosing a subject or content area of focus. We offer 13 areas of concentration in our secondary education program, so whatever you choose, the program is designed to fit around you to allow you to become the kind of educator you strive to be. Every program is led by faculty who prepare our teacher candidates to lead.
Learn More About Our Program Options
- Early childhood education (Birth-3rd)
- Elementary education (K-6th)
- Secondary education (5th-12th)
- K-12th education (K-12th)
- M.A.T. in Science Education
- M.A.T. in Mathematics Education
- Transformative School Leadership Program (Principal Program)
- Ed.D. in Education with an emphasis in P-12 Systems-Level Leadership (Superintendent Preparation)
Need More Information?
School of Education
1620 Lagomarcino Hall
901 Stange Road
Ames, Iowa 50011-1041