University supervisors are a critical component of the Iowa State University Educator Preparation Program. These individuals support candidates during practicum experiences and student teaching by:
- Serving as a mentor
- Observing candidates implementing lessons and providing feedback and coaching
- Providing feedback on key tasks, assignments, and candidate progress/growth
- Serving as the link between our programs and the classroom
- Serving as a liaison between our program and the cooperating teacher and school
All Supervisors are Required to Have:
- A teaching license
- Three years of successful PK-12 teaching experience
- A masters degree, if supervising student teachers
- Experience matching the content they are supervising
Many ISU supervisors have also completed the Iowa Evaluator Approval Training and have a broader background than the minimum requirements.
Want to Become a Supervisor?
- Fill out this interest survey
Current University Supervisors
Thank you for your continued support of Iowa State University’s teacher candidates and our Educator Preparation Program. We could not offer the quality programs we do without your continued partnership. Your expertise as educator practitioners provides is essential to the growth of our teacher candidates. We could not support them in becoming the educator scholars that we do without your quality feedback, strong coaching, and scaffolded support! You allow our programs to provide the individualized attention each of our candidates deserve during their field experiences.
Tk20 Quick Links
Handbooks and Syllabi
Other Forms and Resources
Need More Information?
School of Education
1620 Lagomarcino Hall
901 Stange Road
Ames, Iowa 50011-1041