- Iowa State University graduate application
- Note: If you have not previously been admitted to the Graduate College at Iowa State University (or if you have been admitted as a ‘non-degree seeking student’ as opposed to a certificate or degree seeking program), you must complete the online graduate application through the Iowa State Admissions office. Please disregard any application acceptance dates that may be listed on the Iowa State University-wide admissions site and continue with your application as prompted through their website.
- Note: If you have previously been admitted to the Graduate College at Iowa State University, do not complete an online graduate application. Instead, please fill out Section I of the “request to transfer from one major/program/department” form and submit this form, along with the below required application materials, directly to the graduate support specialist.
- Three (3) nomination letters (do NOT use the online recommendation option in the Admissions portal; have nominators send letters directly to email@example.com)
- Each letter of nomination should be written by someone who is familiar with your professional practice and submitted directly to the School of Education
- Nominators should speak to your verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, leadership potential, and ability to persist through professional career challenges
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended are required for formal admission to the program. However, you may submit unofficial transcripts for admissions review. If you have earned a degree at Iowa State, you do not need to order those transcripts because these will already be on file. Official transcripts should be sent to:
- Office of Admissions
100 Enrollment Services Ctr.
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-2011
- Office of Admissions
- Essay (3-4 pages, double-spaced) that provides an integrated response to the following prompts:
- As you reflect on your professional experience, what are some problems of practice you have observed and would like to study?
- What do you see as the roles and responsibilities of leaders in educational systems?
- How are equity and diversity centered in your work?
- How do you see the doctoral experience elevating your career trajectory and supporting your long-term goals?
- Why do you want to pursue the Education Doctorate in the School of Education at Iowa State University?
- International applicants only: A TOEFL score of at least 83 or an IELTS score of at least 6.5 is required for consideration for admission to the School of Education. Please upload your official TOEFL or IELTS score report to your online graduate application.
All non-transcript materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our next cohort will begin in the Summer of 2023. If interested, look for applications in the Fall of 2022!