Applications for the Instructional Design (ID) Graduate Certificate program are accepted on a rolling basis. Please disregard any application acceptance dates that may be listed on the Iowa State University-wide admissions site.
Not Enrolled in a Graduate Degree Program
To apply to the ID Certificate program, you will need to complete and submit the following:
- The online graduate application through the Iowa State Admissions office
- Your undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) academic transcripts
- International students only: Provide English proficiency score: English proficiency minimum: TOEFL paper (PBT)=560; TOEFL Internet (iBT)=83; IELTS=6.5; PTE=56; Duolingo=105)
- One academic letter of reference supporting your application
- Upload your curriculum vitae or résumé
Enrolled in a Graduate Degree Program
Students already enrolled in a graduate program at Iowa State University must submit the following materials to the School of Education Graduate Support Specialist via email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Complete a Request to Pursue a Certificate in Addition to a Graduate Degree form prior to completing more than 6 credits toward the certificate and no later than the semester prior to the last class of your certificate program
- Submit an updated curriculum vitae or résumé
Award of ID Certificate
Once you are enrolled in the Instructional Design Certificate program you will be assigned an advisor who will work with you to complete the Certificate Program of Study form, which will need to be submitted no later than the semester prior to the last class for your certificate program.
Request for Certificate
During the final course and before midterm you are required to submit a Certificate Completion Form, which will be awarded upon successful completion of all certificate courses as indicated on your certificate Program of Study. You may expect your certificate to arrive 2-4 weeks after the semester ends.