The TSLP program meets the requirements for Iowa Administrative Code requires that future leaders complete 400 hours of field experiences in order to earn administrative licensure. You will complete these hours via your SIP, in coursework, and in working with your mentors. All courses are three credits and two courses will be taken every semester.
Applying for the Fall 2020 cohort? Check out an example of Semester 1 and the online instruction here.
Semester 1 – Fall I
- Ed Adm 541: Principles of Inclusive Educational Leadership
- Ed Adm 554: Leading School Reform
Semester 2 – Spring I
- Ed Adm 556: Leading for Equitable Learning in School Systems
- Ed Adm 558: Diverse Learning Needs
Semester 3 – Summer I
- ResEv 550: Introduction to Educational Research
- Ed Adm 552: Contemporary Issues in Principal Leadership
Semester 4 – Fall II
- Ed Adm 559: Curriculum Leadership
- Ed Adm 551: Supervision for Learning Environments
Semester 5 – Spring II
- Ed Adm 575: Human Resource Development for Learning
- Ed Adm 557: Education Law and Ethics
To read the full course descriptions, visit the Iowa State University course catalog or download the full course sequence and descriptions for the TSLP program here.