All students taking graduate classes in special education must be admitted to the special education graduate program or certificate program.
- The student must hold a valid teaching certificate.
- No more than 9 hours completed as a non-degree student will be accepted toward a graduate degree.
All applications go through the Iowa State Graduate College Application. Visit this site where you’ll be guided through the application process.
Tips for Supporting Materials
Three types of information weigh most heavily in the selection process:
- Academic performance (evaluated through undergraduate and graduate transcripts)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal narrative/statement of intent
The application deadline is May 15, 2022, for the cohort beginning on June 13, 2022. Be sure to apply by May 15! The next cohort for this program would begin in summer 2024.